Lead Your Team To Achieve Your Organization's Vision
The Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program is designed as a 3-day onsite experience, with the availability of a virtual online component, to provide practical, hands-on, interactive experience that develops the core competencies required for effectively managing an academic department or academic program.
Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program
One of most difficult jobs in academia is taking on the mantle of administration.
As a chair or an academic administrator, you assume many hats, such as, the ‘big picture’ leader, the guide and mentor for faculty members, the liaison between your department and stakeholders, the first-line of defense, the gatekeeper, and the role model, making it feel extremely challenging to find balance.
- How do you grow your program or department when facing tough regional and national competition?
- How do you balance your own overload, so you can effectively mentor faculty through their challenges and sensitive situations?
- How do you align your natural leadership strengths with institutional goals and stakeholder expectations?
- How do you improve your academic culture to promote innovation, collaboration and productivity in a way that makes your faculty feel valued?
With all that’s on your plate, where can you turn to reset, recharge, and regroup? You don’t need to attend another large-scale conference, or a chairs meeting. You need practical and effective strategies, interactive learning, and one-on-one engagement with leaders who have successfully powered through the obstacles you are currently facing.
The Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program is designed as a 3-day onsite experience, with the availability of a virtual online component, to provide practical, hands-on, interactive experience that develops the core competencies required for effectively managing an academic department or academic program. Due to the ongoing, ever-changing efforts to halt the advancement of COVID-19, we are pleased to provide this hybrid event structure to our community.
Cost, Dates, Location
August 23-25, 2021, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day
Hybrid – Atlanta & Virtual
Regular Tuition: $1,975
Registration closes July 26, 2021
Visit our Scholarship Information page for more information.
Academy for Advancing Leadership (AAL) partners with CE providers to help professionals in academia and those transitioning to academic careers achieve their goals as leaders, educators, and agents of change for their organizations. AAL is working with a number of associations in different professions to secure CE credits. Please contact us to request CEs for your profession or for additional details.
Download More Info
Felicia Tucker-Lively, Ph.D.
The Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program immediately engages its participants with group discussions, case studies, role playing, and interactive presentations. By focusing on creating a clear bridge between theory and practice, the program provides you with new tools and leaves you looking at your role through a widened administrative lens.
This program is for you if you:
- Are questioning the growth potential of your program or department
- Are facing stiff competition from other regional and national schools
- Are interested in learning how to effectively manage your department budget and finances
- Find it difficult to coach staff/colleagues through sensitive issues and tough conversations
- Do not know how to manage faculty overload
- Want to create a safe and healthy culture that supports innovation
- Need strategies for aligning your natural leadership strengths with institutional goals
- Find it difficult to address the lack of urgency amongst your team with needed institutional change
During the program, you will learn:
How to Be an Exceptional Leader
Crisis Leadership and Strategies
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Strategic Planning and Execution
How to Best Use Legal Counsel
What Our Alumni Say
The ITL program is an excellent opportunity to develop and refresh teaching skills no matter the stage of your teaching career. I would highly recommend it to all educators and those considering a career in academia.
Dr. Achint Utreja, Indiana University
I've taken quite a few leadership courses and seminars; none come close to the material involved and coordination AAL. Sprinkle a little genuine interest in seeing us succeed and well intentions and you have the best leadership mentors PERIOD.
Dr. Khaled Hussein, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Below are our 2020 experts. 2021 speakers will be announced soon.