Becoming an Exceptional Leader through Virtuous Leadership
5 Hours | Virtual | October 6, 13, and 20
During this course, you will learn how to implement character-based leadership in the midst of challenging times and the habits (virtues) necessary to create workplaces where people contribute and thrive.
About This Course
Join Dr. Karl Haden, co-author of The 9 Virtues of Exceptional Leaders and 31 Days with the Virtues and Ross Peters, Vice President of School Strategy, EXPLO Elevate, for a discussion of character-based leadership in the midst of Covid-19, the national reckoning with systemic racism, and the increasing bi-furcation of our national culture on numerous fronts. The webinar will explore how leaders can develop the habits (virtues) necessary to create workplaces where people contribute and thrive in both good times and bad. People in any leadership role in education should consider joining us, as should those who aspire to such roles.
The virtues of exceptional leaders are habits; and like the habits of a virtuoso, they result from deliberate practice.
- Three, hour-long interactive meetings will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT on the first, second, and third Tuesdays in October.
- In addition there will be two, hour-long office sessions for further conversation about course content.
- Sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants.
- Every registrant will receive a copy of 31 Days with the Virtues–an 84-page book filled with reflections on individual virtues. Each day’s reflection ends with a suggestion for practicing the relevant virtue.
- Prework: Watch “Reawakening Humility: Centering Crisis Leadership in this Virtue”
- Meeting 1: Exciting Others about the Future (Hope) – October 6, 2020
- Meeting 2: Putting Failure into Perspective (Perseverance) – October 13, 2020
- Meeting 3: Authentic Leadership (Charity) – October 20, 2020
N. Karl Haden, Ph.D
Dr. Haden is President and CEO of AAL and Coauthor of The 9 Virtues of Exceptional Leaders: Unlocking Your Leadership Potential (Deeds, 2015) and 31 Days with the Virtues (Deeds, 2020). Since AAL’s founding in 2005, Dr. Haden and AAL have worked with more than 150 U.S. and international higher education institutions, associations, and businesses through AAL’s professional development programs and consulting services.
AAL Senior Consultant
Ross Peters is Vice President of School Strategy at EXPLO Elevate and a Senior Consultant for AAL. His work focuses on Independent Schools and their national and regional associations in the areas of strategic planning, change management, board practice, and curriculum development.