AAL’s Emotional and Social Intelligence (EQ) program helps you develop the skills, and the mindset to increase your energy, resilience, and well-being.
Do you lead with emotional intelligence? Everyone is a leader – either by choice or default. Whether you hold a leadership role at work, informally lead teams or lead your life; emotional and social intelligence (EQ) is a mindset and skill-set that can raise your self-awareness, improve decision-making, build trusting relationships and decrease stress as you increase energy, resilience, and well-being.
What Can AAL's EQ Workshop Do For You?
In this program, you’ll learn what emotional and social intelligence is and the neuroscience behind it to create better leaders, more engaged teams, and healthier, happier workplaces.
- Learn more about the relationship between neuroscience and outstanding leadership, engaged teams, and healthy workplaces.
- Leverage key emotional intelligence skills to build stronger relationships, make better decisions and openly and safely engage in healthy debate.
- Understand how to develop neurological pathways and emotional energy to decrease worry, and practice better mental habits.
- Apply new skills to stretch your capacity for flexibility, optimism, and resilience.
Dates: March 28, April 4, April 11, 3 p.m. Eastern
This value-packed workshop includes:
- Hands-on emotional intelligence online development
- A personalized EQ-i 2.0® Workplace Self-Assessment
- Networking with peers
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is a mindset and skillset that can raise your self-awareness, improve decision making, build trusting relationships and decrease stress as you increase energy, resilience and well-being.
Week One (March 28, 2019) – Leading Yourself
Why you think, behave and act as you do.
- Identify emotional intelligence strengths and areas for development in five EQ areas: self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal skills, decision making and stress management.
- Complete a personalized, EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Self-Assessment.
- Discuss your EQ results and what they mean to you.
Week Two (April 4, 2019) – Leading Others
How to build trust, influence, and strengthen relationships.
- Explore emotional and social intelligence and its role in productive workplace relationships.
- Identify strategies to improve conversation and relate well to others.
- Discuss empathy – the superpower of highly effective leaders.
Week Three (April 11, 2019) – Leading Your Life
How to manage your emotions, improve resilience and well-being.
- Identify how to develop neurological pathways and emotional energy to decrease worry, increase happiness and practice better mental habits.
- Recognize connections between your EQ score, your well-being at work and your personal life.
- Identify meditation and mindfulness techniques to increase EQ.
- Discuss how to stretch your capacity for flexibility, optimism and resilience.
Academy for Advancing Leadership (AAL) partners with organizations and associations to help professionals in healthcare and academia achieve their goals as leaders and agents of change. AAL is working with them to secure scholarship opportunities. Please contact us for additional details.